Five hundred metres above sea level, close to the quiet villages and local shops of Islamlar and Üzümlü, and a mere twenty minute winding drive ...
Five hundred metres above sea level, close to the quiet villages and local shops of Islamlar and Üzümlü, and a mere twenty minute winding drive north of Kalkan, you’ll find this small community of 6 mountain villas, each with 4 bedrooms.
Each villa provides stunning views over glinting tomato fields to mountain peaks, Patara beach and the Turquoise coast of the Mediterranean, with even Rhodos visible on the clearest day. As the evening breeze cools and the sun gently sets, you can watch the stars above, and look down on the lights below.
Islamlar enjoys an ideal climate of warmth without the heat, and fresh mountain air without the cold. Life is easy with shared connections and facilities, lighted access road, mains services, telephone, broadband, maintenance and if you’re energetic, private tennis court.
Set among fields and lush forests of cedar and pine, olive groves, walnut trees and vine, the air is filled with the fragrances of jasmine, lemon and thyme. Small waterfalls, springs and mountain streams provide constant fresh water for Islamlar, giving natural irrigation, and feeding the trout pools that supply the friendly local restaurants.
Built on a bedrock of limestone and finished using local stonemasons and craftsmen, each villa is individually designed to fit naturally into the landscape. All stone carved from the bedrock is re-used in construction of the villas or boundary walls. Following the contours of the hillside, some villas are built on two levels, others on three. The result is a unique contemporary design – spacious, full of natural light, and specified to the highest quality standards for the most discerning tastes.
Top architects incorporated the extraordinary views into each villa’s design using large, picture-frame windows and sliding doors. You will look out over the Taurus mountains during breakfast, see Patara beach from your lounge – and swim toward the Mediterranean in your infinity pool.
- Spacious entrance hall
- Open-plan dining room
- Open-plan lounge with fireplace and library
- Fully-fitted open-plan kitchen
- Two master bedrooms, each with its own marble-finished en-suite bathroom,
fully fitted with WC and bath
- Two guest bedrooms, each with its own marble-finished en-suite bathroom,
fully fitted with WC and shower
- Marble floors throughout, except in the master bedrooms which are hardwood
- Marble-finished ground-floor terrace with generous infinity pool and
- West-facing balconies on all floors, accessible from living area and bedrooms
- Visitor WC
- Laundry room fitted with automatic washing machine
- Covered private parking space
- Landscaped garden
The three-level villas have a total floor area of 275 sq.m. (2960 sq.ft), the two-level villas have a size of 231 sq.m. (2486 sq.ft). The difference between the two villa types is mainly in the arrangement of bedrooms and balconies. The three-level villas also have an additional visitor WC.
- The villas are all built with a reinforced concrete frame.
- The floors are also of reinforced concrete.
- The walls, unusually, are of solid lightweight blocks. This improves sound and heat insulation.
- All floors throughout the development are finished in marble, with the exception of two principal bedrooms which are hardwood, to provide some warmth on that cool spring night.
- The walls are smooth plastered in all rooms and painted white. Bathroom walls are of finest Turkish marble.
- The windows and sliding doors are all made of aluminium with double glazing throughout. The main front door is of hardwood.
- All bathrooms are fully fitted with bath or shower, washbasins, mirrors and stainless steel taps and fittings.
- The kitchen is fully fitted with fridge, freezer, dishwasher, electric hob and oven. Where possible international brands of appliances are used, such as Siemens, Franke, Bosch etc. Most refrigeration equipment is by Beko, a Turkish company who should know a thing or two about the heat.
- The salon has a beautiful open log fire.
- Light fittings are included in all rooms with on/off or dimmer control as necessary.
- The laundry is fitted with washbasin and automatic washing machine.
- The entire villa is air-conditioned using Siemens or a similar world brand.
- The outside pool area is finished with unpolished marble to give a non-slip finish.
- The pool itself has an infinity edge facing the Mediterranean and has blue and white mosaic tiles.
- There is an external shower and garden lighting for those warm summer evenings.
- Garden areas are planted with a variety of trees, shrubs and herbs, chosen by our landscape consultant. Where possible all existing pine trees have been protected.
- Each villa is approached along a road which has been upgraded and widened. Street lighting and a natural stone wall have been installed to make arrival as pleasant and welcoming as the villas. Bougainvillea, jasmine and jacaranda trees fill the air with colour and aromas.
- The tennis court is built to international standards and can also double up as basketball or volleyball court.